Year 10 Māori
Year 10 option Māori a further extension into conversational Te Reo Māori. Learners are expected to learn the following content:
- All of year 9 optional Māori with an emphasis on Kupu Hou (new words) & sentence structures previously learnt.
- Korero whānau – Family connections.
- Instructions – Giving and taking.
- Tenses – Future, present, past.
- Nga Āhuatanga – Describing appearance.
- Negatives for each sentence structure
Year 10 option Māori is directed at level 2, 3 & 4 of the curriculum and is specifically focused on Te Reo Māori & Tikanga (knowledge & processes) with aspects of Matauranga Māori (Māori knowledge).
Year 10 option Māori has a 40% speaking/presenting component.
Full year option Māori is advised if NCEA Māori is to be taken in the future
Course Costs and Equipment
1x 1B8 Excercise Book
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.