Year 10 Mathematics
This is the course that further develops the skills studied at Year 9. Learners are taught by specialist Mathematics teachers and learners are introduced to new concepts and more challenging word problems. Much of the focus in this year’s work is from Level 5 and 6 of the NZ Mathematics Curriculum.
Course work for 2023 will include:
● Number skills including fractions, decimals, percentages in real life settings plus GST, interest, salaries and commission
● Measurement skills including an end of topic assignment
● Algebra skills introducing quadratic equations and an introduction to parabolas
● Linear relationships including drawing graphs and interpreting real life graphs
● Pythagoras and Trigonometry skills including application/word problems
● Statistics using the PPDAC Statistical Enquiry Cycle and introducing concepts such as sampling variability and statistical inference
Recommended Prior Learning
Course Costs and Equipment
$35 for an Education Perfect subscription, Walkermaths Algebra workbook and associated costs.
Learners MUST have a scientific calculator (Casio FX82AU plus II or equivalent) or a graphics calculator (Casio FX9750GII or equivalent)
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 10 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.