Year 8 Music
Music Course Descriptions 2024
- During the course, learners work on developing their performance skills, individually and within groups.
- Year 8 music students learn basic ukulele, guitar and keyboard skills and will sing as a class.
- They will learn basic music notation and music theory through singing and other practical activities.
- It is highly recommended that Year 8 students learn an instrument/voice privately or through itinerant music lessons to develop their performance skills further.
- There is a focus on music technology using a variety of music software where students can compose music or arrange/sequence their musical ideas.
Recommended Prior Learning
There are no pre-requisites for Year 8 Music. However, it is highly recommended that learners have some previous musical experience on an instrument or /voice , or being a part of a music group such as choir or band.
Music learners are also highly encouraged to participate in the school’s extra-curricular music programme.
Course Costs and Equipment
$20 to cover the cost of various music performances/workshops/ user of class instruments available during class time.
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.