Year 9 Chinese
In Year 9 Chinese, learners build on the skills developed in Year 8 and introduces new topics with Chinese cultural experience, including 30 Chinese characters writing.
• Topic 1 Chinese introduction
• Topic 2 Introduction to Pinyin
• Topic 3 Introduction to the Chinese writing system
• Topic 4 Numbers and age
• Topic 5 Name and nationalities
• Topic 6 Family
• Topic 7 Pets
• Topic 8 Time
• Topic 9 Occupation
• Topic 10 Colour and body parts
- Speaking - Making a video clip.
- Listening, reading & writing – Complete one assessment that tests listening, reading, and writing skills.
Recommended Prior Learning
Course Costs and Equipment
$30 Course Fee for Chinese workbook, exercises book and Chinese cultural activities (Chinese painting, food-making, etc.)
Device to use for Google Classroom
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.