Level 1 Textiles Full Course
This course is aimed at those learners wishing to embrace their creative, academic and practical abilities in textiles. This course incorporates a literacy achievement standard that requires learners participate fully in both theory and skills based practical lessons.
- Develop skills that support their design work and create outcomes that reflect a given brief.
- Reading and interrupting pattern instructions,
- Choosing and Adapting a simple pattern,
- Researching Dress a girl around the world,
- Testing and Trialling design ideas,
- Construct a Dress for a young girl in a less fortunate country,
- Constructing a unique repurposed outcome for a client made from denim jeans
Recommended Prior Learning
Open entry - This course follows the learning and project work in Y9 and Y10 Technology
Course Costs and Equipment
Fabric requirements and printed booklets
AS 92012, 92013, 92014 are also used in 11MTEC
AS 92012 is also used in 11FOTE
please be aware that this standard will only be awarded once therefore if a learner wants to take both of these subjects it is advisable to chat with the HOL
Please note that the standard credit totals displayed below as well as the standard descriptions are subject to change before the start of 2024 due to the upcoming NCEA Level 1 changes.
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 16 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.