Level 3 Visual Arts Design
This course builds on the print design strengths developed during Level 2. Learners select their own brief and study the working methods of current graphic designers. This knowledge is used to research and create drawing studies for a promotional and marketing campaign for their final three board External folio submission. An element of product design related to individual design briefs is included in the course.
Compulsory Internal AS/US
- Systematically clarify ideas using drawing informed by established design practice.
- Use drawing to demonstrate understanding of conventions appropriate to design.
- Produce a systematic body of work that integrates conventions and regenerates ideas within design practice.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 8 credits at Level 2 Print Design.
Course Costs and Equipment
● Includes a Level 3 design art pack
● Trip fee or artist presentation
● In class art materials over and above the art pack
● Provided resource sheet.
● Printing of final folio work on designated Visual arts printers
● Personal Laptop with Adobe CC is COMPULSORY.
● Additional personal printing tab will be required. This will be essential as this is a print design
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 22
Applicants to New Zealand universities require 14 credits in three approved subjects. This course is an Approved Course for University Entrance
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.