Teacher in Charge: 27960474Recommended Prior Learning
This is the course that further develops the skills studied at Year 8. Learners are taught by specialist Mathematics teachers and learners are introduced to new concepts and more challenging word problems. Much of the focus in this year’s work is from Level 4 and 5 of the NZ Mathematics Curriculum.
Course work for 2023 will include:
● Number skills including fractions, decimals, percentages in real life settings plus GST, interest, salaries and commission
● Measurement skills including perimeter of compound shapes, area of composite shapes, surface area of 3D shapes and volume
● Algebra skills building on the Year 8 work including simplifying, expanding, factorising and solving linear equations
● Probability including an introduction to experimental and theoretical probability, venn diagrams and probability trees
● Geometry covering angles, bearings, constructions and transformations
● Algebra patterns and graphing
● Statistics following the PPDAC Statistical Enquiry Cycle
● Financial literacy
Term 1: Number Assessment 3WGP Credits
Actuary, Electronics Engineer, Tailor/Dressmaker, Biomedical Engineer, Biomedical Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Buyer, Clinical Physiologist, Physician, Dental Assistant, Driving Instructor, Health Services Manager, Navy Officer, Real Estate Agent, Secondary School Teacher, Valuer, Intelligence OfficerCourse Costs and Equipment
$30 for an Education Perfect subscription and associated costs.
Learners MUST have a scientific calculator (Casio FX82AU plus II or equivalent)
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.