Teacher in Charge: 27960447Recommended Prior Learning
Level 2 photography – Learners cannot take Level 3 photography without this pre-
requisite as it is a difficult technical subject to master.
This course builds on the digital photography strengths developed during Level 2. Learners select their own brief and study the working methods of established photographers. This knowledge is used to research and create drawing studies for a narrative art photography essay for their final three board External folio submission. Learners may be required to go offsite for shoots if they choose and will need to be doing home learning regularly.
Compulsory Internal AS/US
- Use drawing to demonstrate understanding of conventions appropriate to photography.
- Systematically clarify ideas using drawing informed by established photography practice.
- Produce a systematic body of work that integrates conventions and regenerates ideas within photography practice.
Animator/Digital Artist, Diversional and Recreational Therapist, Aeroplane Pilot, Artist, Tattoo Artist, Film/Television Camera Operator, Fashion Designer, Graphic Designer, Interior Designer, Conservator, Jeweller, Curator, Graphic Pre-press Worker, Visual Merchandiser, Early Childhood Teacher, Exhibition and Collections Technician, Florist, Lighting Technician, Nanny/Child Carer, PhotographerCourse Costs and Equipment
● Personal Laptop with Photoshop installed and an SLR digital camera are COMPULSORY equipment
for this course.
● Includes a Level 3 photography art pack
● Trip fee or artist presentation
● Final printing of External submission on photography designated printer and printing paper.
● In class art materials over and above the art pack
● Provided resource sheets.
● Additional personal printing tab will be required. This will be essential as this is a print orientated
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.