Teacher in Charge: 27960418Recommended Prior Learning
This is a practical based course aimed at learners wishing to explore and experience basic fundamentals of Food & Fabrics. One term will be Food and the next term will be Textiles.
- learn the basics of nutrition
- develop a creative and healthy pie,
- testing and trialling their ideas to come up with a unique solution.
- sew a hoodie by following a commercial pattern
- create an original design to be applied to their completed hoodie
- learn the art of screen printing to print their design on their hoodie
Undertake brief development to address a need or opportunity
Cook, Agricultural/Horticultural Scientist, Agricultural/Horticultural Consultant, Retail Manager, Beekeeper, Meat/Seafood Process Worker, Microbiologist, Baker, Cafe Worker, Chemical Engineer, Biochemist, Biotechnologist, Brewer, Butcher, Dairy Processing Operator, Buyer, Waiter/Waitress, Cafe/Restaurant Manager, Kitchenhand, Patternmaker, Tailor/Dressmaker, Cutter, Fashion Designer, Sewing Machinist, Jeweller, Make-up Artist, Model, Photographer, Garment TechnicianCourse Costs and Equipment
Ingredients for practical food
Materials for textiles
Printed booklets for both food and textiles lessons
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.