Level 3 Outdoor Education
Level 3 Outdoor Education offers a practical based programme that allows the learner to build on skills learnt in the Level 2 Outdoor Education programme. It also introduces new skills that will challenge all learners. Areas of learning include:
1. Outdoor pursuits, including sea kayaking and archery
2. Planning, running, and leading outdoor experiences
3. Developing practical leadership skills through a range of outdoor pursuits & experiences
4. Developing practical based personal and interpersonal skills that will allow learners to push themselves past their comfort zones
Units we cover:
- Sea Kayaking
- Bush Survival
- Adventure Based Learning - Leadership
- Coaching Archery
- Planning and running an outdoor activity
- Archery Performance
Recommended Prior Learning
Nil – However Level 2 Outdoor Education is an advantage.
Course Costs and Equipment
$325– This covers all accommodation, transport, equipment hire, instructors, and other expenses created by outdoor education trips (food not included)
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 20 credits.
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.