Level 2 Dance
The Level 2 dance course has a balanced focus on choreography, dance performance and analysis. During this course the learners will extend their skills in the vocabulary, practices, and technologies of selected dance genres and styles. They will choreograph solo and group dance works of about one minute in length using choreographic processes and devices to communicate choreographic intentions. Learners will apply rehearsal and performance skills to a range of dances, developing their technique and expression to communicate specific intentions.
- Perform a theatre or ethnic dance to communicate understanding of the dance.
- Choreograph a group dance to communicate an intention.
- Perform a repertoire of dance.
- Choreograph a solo dance to communicate an intention.
Optional External AS
- Provide an interpretation of a dance performance with supporting evidence.
Recommended Prior Learning
Course Costs and Equipment
$80 to cover the cost of various workshops and performances
A device for use with Google Classroom
Black T-shirt and black leggings/shorts / toe-undies
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.