Level 2 Visual Arts Photography
This course focuses on digital art photography conventions and photographic processes.
Learners explore a range of camera and Photoshop techniques based on established photography practice.
Learners choose their own theme for their External submission and explore ideas and techniques linked to
their theme. References to contemporary artist models are an essential part of the course.
Work from one internally assessed Achievement Standard contributes to the end of year External which is a
two board folio submission.
Compulsory Internal AS/US
- Use drawing methods to apply knowledge of conventions appropriate to photography.
- Develop ideas in a related series of drawings appropriate to established photography practice.
- Produce a systematic body of work that shows understanding of art making conventions and ideas within design.
Recommended Prior Learning
No pre-requisites are required however it is helpful to have Level 1 Visual Art and Photoshop skills would be
Course Costs and Equipment
● Personal Laptop with Photoshop installed and an SLR digital camera are COMPULSORY
equipment for this course. Photoshop can be purchased or leased online on a monthly basis from
Adobe for about $15 per month.
● Includes a Level 2 photography art pack
● Trip fee or artist presentation
● Final printing of External submission on photography designated printer and printing paper.
● In class art materials over and above the art pack
● Provided resource sheets.
Additional personal printing tab will be required. The internal requires printing.
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Although we aim to enable every learner to have the course that they prefer, limited places or learning requirements may restrict learners' choices.